- A total of 32 participants attended the 7th CINS Meeting, which took place in London on Wednesday 7 December 2016. The Meeting was generously hosted by Thomas Miller
- On the previous evening, there was a Welcome Reception for participants, kindly sponsored by Exis Technologies.
- The morning session focused on CINS matters, with a review by the Chairman of CINS developments over the previous four months, together with presentations on database statistics/analytics, system development, CINS guidelines and a software solution to support containerized cargo inspection by Exis Technologies
- Colin Rubery, Technical Secretary, CINS, gave two presentations: the first of these was a Status Report on the Container Owners Association’s Flexitank Code of Practice, Flexitank Quality Management List (FQML) and PAS 1008:2016. The second presentation was an update to CINS Members about the ITCO Tank Container E-learning Course which was being launched on the day after the CINS Meeting.
…with four external industry presentations
- Following the CINS presentations and discussion, there were four external presentations
- Matthew D. Tremblay, Vice President, Container Ships, ABS updated participants on the ABS Guide for the Class Notation for Fire-Fighting Systems for On-Deck Cargo Areas on Container Carriers
- The Outlook for the Container Ship Market (including market trends, consolidation, liner ship design) was analysed by Dipl.-Ing. Jan-Olaf Probst, Director Business Development Hamburg – Executive Vice President, DNV GL – Maritime
- TMC Marine focused on container-related casualties, including fire, distressed cargo management and large/ultra-large container ships
Finally, Carsten Jensen (Jensen Associates) reviewed developments in refrigeration systems and cargo packaging