There are four CINS Members meetings per year, when Members can review specific areas of common interest. These include:
- Best industry practice projects (for example, steel coils and high density guidelines)
- Evaluation of IMDG changes and practical effect on member lines.
- Supply chain management and root cause analysis.
- Mis-declared and un-declared dangerous goods
- Incorrect or poor packing
CINS members anticipate that, over time, the database will also reveal how widespread unsafe practices are in the industry. Information which can be used to press for better advice and training, as well as legislative changes. The companies have worked together to share information on any cargo related incidents, near misses or accidents.
See current CINS members.